http://www.taasa.org/intranet/main.php P i n k • F e m i n i s t: I am More and More Convinced...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 

I am More and More Convinced...

"I am more and more convinced that Man is a dangerous creature, and that power whether vested in many or a few is ever grasping, and like the grave cries give, give. The great fish swallow up the small, and he who is most strenuous for the Rights of the people, when vested with power, is as eager after the prerogatives of Government. You tell me of degrees of perfection to which Humane Nature is capable of arriving, and I believe it, but at the same time lament that our admiration should arise from the scarcity of the instances."

-Abigail Adams

Comments:
Bush is a relic. Humanity is better than that.
 
excellent post.
 
He is not represntative of humanity, at least in my more hopeful moments...I like to reject the idea that he is. I like to think most people are not wicked. Just indifferent, or confused, or simply do not know...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?