http://www.taasa.org/intranet/main.php P i n k • F e m i n i s t: My Garden

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

My Garden

Very old in the Native American world is the conviction that the earth is vital, that there is a spiritual dimension to it . . . in which we rightly exist. . . .

I think: Inasmuch as I am in the land, it is appropriate that I should affirm myself in the spirit of the land. . . . In the natural order an individual invests him/herself in the landscape and at the same time incorporates the landscape into his own most fundamental experience. This trust is sacred. Hence, my garden.

This process of investment and appropriation is, I believe, preeminently a function of the imagination. It is accomplished by means of an act of the imagination that is especially ethical in kind. We are what we imagine ourselves to be.

Comments:
Good Morning my darling good witch. Lovely post.

I must introduce you to my friend Garnet over at the glittering muse. Your minds are very much in sync on this wonderous fall day.

Enjoy.

http://glitteringstew.com/muse/the-problem-with-god/
 
Is pinkfem an encarnation of Glenda? I just wanted to thank you Pink for stopping by my lil blog :)
 
yes, dusty, it is the alter ego of Glenda!

She's just been kinda busy lately ih another website and all, but trying to reincarnate at the moment. It takes more energy as one gets older...
 
What a kick-ass rainbow...
"We are what we imagine ourselves to be"...nice.
 
i'm embarrassed to say i've never been here before, and it has such a nice tag to my own site. thanks! LOVE the rainbow!
 
Pinkfem, you and I have talked about dirt and earth and what it means sometimes for a woman to get outside, get dirty, throw shit around. I've shared with you how much I miss my gardens and the ability to wander around in what I'm growing. I think you understand the relationship many of us have to our gardens, our pseudo-sacred spaces. I used to say my garden was my favorite room in the house!

Not being able to grow things has been like losing the ability to swim or see the color yellow. You remember it like its in front of you, but you cant seem to get back there.

My family had a share in an organic coop- actually still do-but Im too far to go. My mother used to work in there, and said she beat her anger and sorrow and dissapointment into the soil, because beyond that- what good was it?

It was only good to get the shovel going. Not much else.

When I saw her land overgrown when she died, the land convinced me she was gone. My grandfather, in his eighties, still gets out there and cares for it all because he couldn't stand the idea of it being neglected. It breaks his heart. His little girl's garden.

Thats a garden to me, Pinkfem. The place where my daughter ate veggies still attached to my vines, and made a scarecrow out of barbie.

Best damn use for a Barbie I ever saw!!!!
 
Haha!! Barbie scarecrow. That's rich!!

Kelley Bell, thanks. I made the pilgrimage.
Mama E thanks!!
dusty...well, it had been too long!
bluegrrrrl...thanks, I made that rainbow in photoshop.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?