http://www.taasa.org/intranet/main.php P i n k • F e m i n i s t: Myth of the Virgin Birth Under Attack

Thursday, January 18, 2007

 

Myth of the Virgin Birth Under Attack


Welcome to RELIGIOUS CONVERSION week!

Well, the myth of the Virgin Birth is under attack...again.

(I guess it's time for me to step up to the plate and explain that it is just a matter of time until they discover that I knew Raoul before I met Joseph back in the day.)

Every so often, someone claims to see Jesus or the Virgin Mary on a wall, in a window, or in the lumps of their mashed potatoes. Who knew there was actually a name for this: pareidolia, which refers to seeing any human-like patterns in the random noise and shapes around us.

Actually, I encourage this harmless trait since I'm not usually above selling my own likeness on Ebay from time to time....just a pretty painting, right??

RIGHT!

Comments:
Nice portrait, pinkfem! I always wondered what you looked like.

Coincidentally, I saw your image just the other day in a bowl of refried beans smothered in Cholula hot sauce and cheddar cheese. Of course, that could have been the margaritas talking.
 
The pinkfem madonna is everywhere if you just know where to look...of course, this picture was from my younger days when the Baby Jesus was quite a handful... wandering lost in the temple, hanging with the pharisees, stuff like that.

Of course, I look even better now that I am a mature madonna.
 
First the face on Mars and now this! Is anything real?
 
It's a made-up world where I live.
But it is religios conversion week!
 
I saw your image in something once, but it was too late to save it as I had already hit the flush handle. ;)
 
LMAO, Pop! Good to see you back to your feisty old self!
 
Probably best it WASNT saved...I think.
 
Just wanted to pop by and let you know that I have some things coming up over the next few weeks and wont be doing alot of "blog travelling" because I just won't have a lot of time to spare. (part of why I've really cut back on all my 'doins')

Anyway, just want to let you know I still support you gals and will come and hang here in a few weeks. Keep fighting the good fight!

Hope you guys can get to the big DC Protest!
 
See you all around...ASAP.
I cannot go..will you take some pics for me?
 
Yeah, Joseph was a little slow...

I visited Bethlehem in my youth - had my photo taken with the shepherds on the hill (stuck my head through a hole and there I was). Also had a beer in the Star Bar.

Life is strange - and short.

Keep up the great work - I enjoyed looking at both your blogs.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?